Thursday, March 7, 2013



**This picture basically sums up the past couple of months with Amalie! By the way, I am the worst blogger, but I really do want to keep posting updates and pictures so that our amazing friends and family who live so far away can feel like they get to be a part of everything.

Amalie update:

It has been two months since I posted and Amalie has grown so much. Every moment is so sweet and special and it is so unbelievably exciting to see her develop. Amalie is truly such a happy, social, curious and loving little baby. She loves people and will flash her gummy little smile at anyone. She loves having company and she just soaks up all the attention, but she loves to sit quietly and listen to all of the talking as well. The only people she has been afraid of so far has been little ones under the age of 3. This has mostly to do with the fact that they come at her quite quickly, get really close to her face, talk much louder than she deems necessary, and pat her quite aggressively on the head. There have definitely been some funny moments, but I am sure she will get used to them:)

Her cousin Eva scares her as well at times. Sweet little baby is 3 months younger than Amalie and is just so tiny and precious, but she has a pair of lungs on her. Amalie has definitely been caught off guard when they are laying next to each other just chillin' and all of a sudden Eva starts to screech. But then again, Amalie has scared Eva as well with her high pitched screams which are meant to be a joyful noise. 

So Amalie is now 5 months old. She has great hand coordination now, she rolls mostly just up onto her sides but also onto her belly from time to time, no matter where you place her favorite toy in her play pin she will somehow manage to squirm over to it. She has been biting everything for a few months but no teeth yet. She has the sweetest laugh which Keith and I will of course do anything to hear. She stares at her Daddy anytime he is close by. She just waits for him to look her way so she can smile at him. It melts my heart!!!

Just hanging out on her side... that is her favorite toy by the way:) The little purple elephant

Baby blue eyes!! So beautiful!

I am loving my time at home with her! I am so thankful for every day we have together and I wake up with such an urgency to cherish each moment. Amalie still wakes up at least once at night but I cannot help but love those sweet, quiet and snuggly moments we get together. Although I am sometimes a bit sleepy when we wake up in the mornings I have to say I have it pretty darn good, and we will not have those moments forever.

All bundled up for a walk:)

We seem to fill up our weeks pretty quickly with things to do. We see my family a good bit, especially my sisters. We have post-natal strength class on Tuesdays with other mothers in the area (which you should ask me about because it is hysterical but fun). We have some other friends with babies that we meet up with for coffee and walks at least once a week and we try to visit my grandparents once a week. The weather has been amazing the past couple of weeks! If you know me well enough you know that I am the happiest when I am able to spend time outside on a daily basis. And by amazing I mean between 23-40 degrees and sunshine!! It is so beautiful with the white snow everywhere, blue skies and sunshine! This is the best weather for jogging actually. We live right by the fjord and it freezes over most winters. It is the coolest feeling to jog on the fjord! I know it is hard to imagine how wonderful it is, but seriously... it is so cool to know you are jogging on the ocean and getting to see the place from a different angle than you normally do.

Here are some ice pictures!




Some more updates:

Keith went had his third interview yesterday for a job he has been working on getting since November! Lets just say things take a bit longer over here....

Keith, my little sister and I are training for a half marathon! We are so excited because some of Keith's friends from Conyers are heading to Dublin, Ireland in September to run a half marathon and we are joining them! I cannot wait!

And my favorite update... We are heading home this spring for a visit!! It is seriously about time! Keith hasn't been home to Conyers in 3 years, and neither of us have been back to the US in like 2+ years. Amalie and I are heading to Atlanta with my little sister on the 15th of April, we will spend a few days in Conyers, drive down to Charleston for a few days, then head to SSI for a week!!! After that Amalie and I will drive back to Atlanta to pick Keith up and we will spend our first week at Lake Oconee with some of our best friends. Then we will spend our last week in Conyers with Keith's parents and friends.

We will make it back to Norway just in time to celebrate my dear friend Caroline's wedding! And a few weeks later we will celebrate my dear friend Kjetil's wedding. Oh I love weddings!!!

So that is about it for now:) Send us an update! And come on over for a visit!! Seriously... I am not kidding

 More pictures:







No comments:

Post a Comment