Monday, June 17, 2013

Even though we live in Norway and have a different day for celebrations like fathers day, we still celebrate the American days too. Why not celebrate as many days of the year?!

So yesterday was Keith's day. We took it pretty easy and just had a sweet day together as a family. We had breakfast together, had snuggle time with Amalie before her nap, went for a run in the beautiful weather, and watched a really cool documentary. I don't feel like any one day can do justice to the wonderful man and father that he is. 

I honestly cannot have imagined marrying a more amazing man, father, husband and friend. It is so crazy to think back to when you were younger and you tried to imagine what your life would be like. Although I had a great imagination and painted this unbelievable picture of my life and my husband, I can honestly say that it has turned out better than I ever imagined. 

8 years ago my life changed completely when I met Keith. He was the most genuine, sincere, loving and open person I had ever met. He showed me what it was to truly have a relationship with Jesus and to live fully in His peace, joy and love. Before he even really knew me that well, he loved me and saw me in the way I had always hoped to be seen. He loved me the way Jesus does in that unconditional, non-judging, compassionate, optimistic way, where you know there are no limits placed on who you are and want to be. A year later he proposed to me and one of the things he said that I will never forget is that he would not just "propose" to me this one day. He would spend the rest of our lives loving me and "proposing" to me on a daily basis. And he has not gone back on his promise. Keith has loved, supported and encouraged me everyday to be everything that I want to be and that Jesus places on my heart to be. 

We always knew we wanted to have children and I didn't question one second whether Keith would be an amazing father to our children, and supportive husband to me as a mother. And once again, no matter how wonderful I imagined this experience to be, I could have never imagined it to be this beautiful. Every moment of each day is so precious. It is the greatest blessing to be a mother, and it is even more of a blessing to see the man that I love being the sweetest, most caring and fun father ever. I am so thankful for our family and for this life that we have been blessed to experience. Thank you Keith for being the man, husband, friend and father that you are. 










No comments:

Post a Comment